Virginia Equitable Distribution: To Modify a QDRO . . . or Stopping Scoundrels

What happens when your spouse liquidates a retirement account after the divorce but before you get your share of it?  Can the court enter a new order letting you get a share of another account to make up for it?  Or are you just screwed?  The Virginia Court of Appeals faced these questions in Forest v. Forest, Record No. 0836-12-4 and held that you are not just screwed. Continue reading